SAVIS OF Halton will be going virtual this year for Take Back The Night Lets Talk Tuesday -#LTT Live on IGTV, featuring TBTN On Tuesday September 22nd @3:00pm join our public educators Andrea & Walter as they live stream on Instagram an exclusive Take Back the Night episode. Learn about the history of the event,…
SAVIS provides free and confidential one-on-one, online and telephone counselling from a feminist perspective to all survivors of sexual violence over the age of 12. Counselling is available at our Oakville, Acton, Burlington, Georgetown and Milton locations. We understand that women experience oppression in varying configurations and intensity depending on their individual backgrounds and this may have an additional impact on those already facing sexual abuse. Our counsellors work from an anti-racist and anti-oppressive viewpoint to provide assessments that are SAVIS offers non-directive, non-judgemental counselling services.
- We do not keep clinical records (this means we don’t write down what you tell us in a session) and your confidentiality is assured.
- Language interpretation services are available for all clients.
- Clients can access up to 24 sessions.
- Most clients attend bi-weekly sessions and access counselling for up to a year.
- In addition to face-to-face counselling SAVIS also offers telephone and online (Zoom) sessions. While face-to-face counselling is recommended SAVIS recognizes that not all clients can access office locations.
- We provide various counselling packages based on your needs: from three to five sessions for crisis counselling, short-term counselling of up to eight sessions or long-term counselling of 18 sessions.
- SAVIS also provides crisis counselling at the Vanier Centre for Women and Hope Place Residential Treatment Centre in Milton. All counselling is free of charge.
To book an appointment please call 905-825-3622.