SAVIS Education Program: Presentations and Workshops
To use education and awareness to end all forms of violence. SAVIS offers different public education workshops to schools, community members, and agencies in Halton. As part of our commitment to education, there is no cost associated with this service for schools and other not-for-profit community members. For businesses, we ask for an honorarium donation to continue to support our services at SAVIS. Each topic can be modified to suit the needs of the group. SAVIS offers the following programs to the community:
- Discussing how our bodies are good, special and deserve care and respect
- Identifying private body parts (using their correct names) and what private means (not a secret).
- Discussing three kinds of touching: ‘Yes touching’, ‘No touching’, and ‘Secret touching’ (e.g. when an older or bigger person touches a child’s private parts and makes it a secret)
- What to do if being abused (experiencing ‘no touching’ or ‘secret touching’)
- Understanding misogyny in Canadian culture; how it harms boys and girls
- Identifying the importance of consent in any relationship
- Recognizing male privilege within school and social structures
- Exploring emotional literacy, and accepting one’s own emotions
- Practicing healthy masculinity; and recognizing when a choice is not healthy
- Promoting healthy competition through sportsmanship and positive peer encouragers
* This program is for boys/male identified youth only
For more information on the Education Program, or to book a free presentation for schools and youth programs please leave your information down below.