To get involved, contact: email@example.com
Violence can touch the lives of everyone around us. It is our responsibility to work together towards a violence free community!
The Real Man’s Pledge Against Violence
As a son, brother, cousin, uncle, friend, boyfriend, father, future father, husband, or future husband and as a man, I take this pledge against violence:
I pledge that I will never rape, abuse or exploit a person. I pledge never to allow someone to rape, abuse or exploit another person if I could have prevented it. To do this, I pledge to be aware.
I pledge to be receptive to issues of violence and inequality towards others. I pledge to be a role model and to let my actions be an example to others and encourage the same from other men. I pledge to be strong enough to do what is right even if that means challenging the social norm.
I pledge all of these things because I am a real man and real men care.
Adapted From: Men Against Violence
What Men Can Do To End Violence Against Women:
- Listen to women…learn from them.
- Learn about the reality of violence against women.
- Believe survivors of violence.
- Learn why some men are violent.
- Challenge sexist language and jokes that degrade women.
- Learn to identify and oppose sexual harassment and violence in your family, school, workplace etc.
- Support local women’s programs – participate in events, be an activist.
- Examine how your own behavior might contribute to the problem.
- Work towards long terms solutions.
- Offer financial support to groups and agencies that are working to end violence against women.