“Thirty-one years ago, a gunman killed 14 women at Montreal’s Ecole Polytechnique, in what has become known as the Montreal Massacre. The victims were murdered because of their gender. To honour the women who were killed in this act of femicide we will be hosting a Facebook live candlelight vigil on Sunday December 6th @ 11am. Please mark your…
- Keep your restraining order with you at all times. Leave extra copies at work, with a friend, in your car, etc.
- Call the police if your partner breaks the court order.
- Think of alternative ways to keep safe if the police do not respond right away.
- Inform family, friends and neighbours that you have a restraining order in effect.
- Try to avoid places in the community your abuser may frequent.