It’s that time of year again folks! SAVIS will be hosting Take Back the Night 2021 on Thursday, September 16th at 6:00pm, virtually via zoom. More information will be released shortly, however here are some key details about this year’s TBTN. The Ontario wide TBTN theme is A Survivor’s Dream, placing emphasis on survivor centric…
SAVIS provides free and confidential one-on-one, online and telephone counselling from a feminist perspective to all survivors of sexual violence over the age of 12. Counselling is available at our Oakville, Acton, Burlington, Georgetown and Milton locations. We understand that women experience oppression in varying configurations and intensity depending on their individual backgrounds and this may have an additional impact on those already facing sexual abuse. Our counsellors work from an anti-racist and anti-oppressive viewpoint to provide assessments that are non-directive and non-judgemental.
- Counselling Services recognizes that the information you provide is private and we are committed to keeping that information confidential.
- Clients can access 18 sessions.
- Most clients attend bi-weekly sessions and access counselling for up to a year.
- In addition to face-to-face counselling SAVIS also offers telephone and online (Zoom) sessions. While face-to-face counselling is recommended SAVIS recognizes that not all clients can access office locations.
- We provide various counselling packages based on your needs: from three to five sessions for crisis counselling, short-term counselling of up to eight sessions or long-term counselling of 18 sessions.
- SAVIS also provides crisis counselling at the Vanier Centre for Women and Hope Place Residential Treatment Centre in Milton.
- All counselling is free of charge.
For Intake process: Please call 905-825-3622.